One of the most disgusting, reprehensible people in academia – a notoriously large group from which to select – must surely be Law Professor Alan M. Dershowitz. Ethnically a Jew from Brooklyn, New York City, as is also my ethnic background, we are as ideologically opposite one another as it is possible to be. Lawyers of course are mostly professional liars. Their almost universal goal is to “win” their legal battles, not to care about truth. The idea that this serves “justice” – that the truth will win — is of course pure rubbish. Naturally it is an idea that Harvard does its best/worst to burnish. As though polishing a lie can turn it into a truth. Academic gloss terms the process “conflict resolution”. 
I first learned about the so-called Berkman Center for Internet and Society (BCI&S) at Harvard University through my contact with Jillian C. York when she was working there as a consultant. The official staff of the Berkman Center (listed and briefly identified below give me pause), but Jillian is totally straightforward and uncompromised. Information about her is in endnote  of the paper at <http://site.www.umb.edu/faculty/salzman_g/t/2011-07-28.htm>
1. Yochai Benkler is the Berkman Prof. of Entrepreneurial Legal Studies at Harvard, and faculty co-director of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society (BCI&S)
2. WilmerHale, Prof. of Intellectual Property Law, Harvard Law School (HLS), Faculty Director, BCI&S
3. Urs Gasser, Executive Director, BCI&S
4. Charles Nesson, William F. Weld Prof. of Law, HLS, Founder and Faculty Co-Director, BCI&S
5. John Palfrey is Henry N. Ess Prof. of Law and Vice Dean for Library and Information Resources at HLS.
6. Jonathan Zittrain, Prof. of Law, HLS, Kennedy School of Government (KSG), Prof. of Computer Science, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Co-Founder and Faculty Co-Director, BCI&S.
7. John Deighton is the Harold M. Brierley Prof. of Business Administration at Harvard Business School (HBS). He is an authority on consumer behavior and marketing, with a focus on online and direct marketing.
8. Mark Edwards, Senior Advisor to the Dean, Harvard Divinity School,
Faculty Co-Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society
9. Jack Goldsmith, Henry L. Shattuck Prof. of Law, HLS, Faculty Co-Director, BCI&S
10. Alexander Keyssar, Stirling Prof. of History and Social Policy, KSG, Faculty Co-Director, BCI&S
11. Lawrence Lessig is the director of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics, and a Prof. at HLS. For much of his career, he focused his work on law and technology, especially as it affects copyright. His current work addresses "institutional corruption" relationships which are legal, even currently ethical, but which weaken public trust in an institution.
12. Charles Ogletree, Faculty Fellow Emeritus at BCI&S, HLS Jesse Climenko Prof. of Law and Vice Dean for the Clinical Programs.
13. Stuart Shieber, J.O. Jr. and V.B. Welch Prof. of Computer Science, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Faculty Co-Director BCI&S. His primary research field is the study of human languages from the perspective of computer science. He was the founding director of the Center for Research on Computation and Society. His work at BCI&S aims towards open access to scholarly literature.
Sketch for a humane resolution of the Palestine/Israel conflict. http://site.www.umb.edu/faculty/salzman_g/t/2010-11-13.htm
George Salzman is a former American Jew living in Oaxaca, Mexico, an ex-physics prof, Univ of Massachusetts-Boston.
All comments and criticisms are welcome. <email@example.com>